What Services do you provide?
We provide a wide array of services. They include:
- Companionship (activities, games, conversations, trips, events, etc.)
- Housekeeping (meal prep, dusting, vacuuming, cleaning, organizing, laundry, etc.)
- Personal Care (medication reminders, bathing, grooming, dressing, transfers, etc.)
- Errands & Transportation (groceries, shopping, appointments, prescription pick up, events, mailing)
- Sleep-over services (stay awake overnight, preparing breakfast, etc.)
- Postpartum care (emotional, physical, and environmental needs following the birth of a child)
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Support
- Caregiver Relief/Respite Care
Why choose Big Hearts Home Healthcare over other companies?
Big Hearts is locally-owned and operated, with an emphasis on compassion and high quality care. Our management is comprised of medical professionals and educators with decades of experience in healthcare. Our caregivers are carefully selected, ensuring they are qualified, compassionate, and insured. We send you detailed daily reports outlining the activities that took place and any concerns we have. We also offer same-day services when you need us most. Our prices are extremely market-competitive, making it difficult to beat the service value offered.
What is the cost of your services?
The cost of our services depend on the type of care and number of hours required. An accurate answer can be provided by phoning us and detailing your requirements or during the free in-home assessment. In general, our prices are extremely market-competitive. We offer you a range of options such as subsidized community services and also work with insurance companies.
Where do you offer your services?
Are services only for seniors?
No. We have various services offered to different types of care recipients, such as:
- the elderly;
- the frail;
- the housebound;
- the terminally, chronically and acutely ill;
- the physically and mentally challenged;
- those recently discharged from hospital;
- family caregivers requiring assistance with caring for their loved ones;
- those requiring assistance with caring for newborns/children;
- those needing assistance in developing life skills; and,
- those wanting assistance with their home maintenance, and,
- accident victims
Do you send the same caregiver?
We believe in building rapport and fruitful relationships with you. That is why we focus our efforts on matching you with a suitable caregiver and sending them to you whenever you need us.
What is the free in-home assessment?
Whether you need our services or haven’t decided yet, we will send a medical consultant to your residence for a free consultation. In this consultation, we assess your need for our services and how we can help you achieve your goals. After the in-home assessment, we create a personalized plan and assign you a suitable caregiver to visit you.
How does billing and payment work?
We accept major credit cards, cheques, and cash.
Can I make changes to my service?
Of course! Call our office up to 24 hours before the next visit and modify the service or schedule. In the case of an emergency call us at any time and let us know how we can help you.
What hours are you available?
We offer our services 24/7 and work through holidays. To book a service, call us anytime Monday to Friday between 8am and 6pm
Are your caregivers background checked, bonded and insured?
Definitely! We only send you caregivers we would feel comfortable having in our own homes.
How do you select my caregiver?
We carefully select your caregiver to match:
- The type of care you requested in the care plan
- The special requirements you indicated in the in-home assessment
- The personality traits you and your family prefer
- The activities you enjoy doing
Do you have male and female caregivers?
Yes we do. We understand you might have certain preferences and we will match your needs.
Can your caregivers speak a second language?
Yes. We have a team of caregivers that speak the most common second languages in the lower mainland. If you require them to communicate in a specific language, then please indicate that in your free in-home assessment.
Is my confidentiality protected?
Yes, Big Hearts Home Healthcare protects your confidentiality. All of our caregivers sign a confidentiality agreement and your information is not shared with any third-parties.